Tuesday

Lanzarote. By Instagram

So whilst the majority of London was celebrating World Pride, I hopped onto a plane for a short get away to Lanzarote.  If you don't know, its a small volcanic island in the Canaries, about 60 miles from Africa. It's a 4 hour flight from the UK, and part of Spain so be ready to say Hola! to everyone you meet.

Touching down at the airport, the 35 degrees of sunshine hit me quicker than 15 shots of vodka. Perfect, just like a sweaty night in Heaven, minus the loud music and sweaty bodies. iPod in, sunglasses on, I made my way to the apartment in Puerto Del Carmen to meet the family who flew out a few days earlier. This is one of the busiest resorts on the island, which has an amazing beach and decent nightlife.

One of the places to visit is Timanfaya National Park, which is where you can get up close with a volcano and watch the steam jet up from below. What's more, the heat from the volcano below is that hot that they cook BBQs from it.

IT. IS. AMAZING.

I came out here a few weeks ago too, but with such rubbish weather I decided it wasn't photo worthy. I came back with no tan, which wasn't acceptable, so this time I was determined to be brown. I have lost count of how many times I have been here, and even turned to calling it LanzaGrotey, so I was hoping it could redeem itself this time.

Luckily it did, so with my phone in my hand I got snap happy with Instagram, and starting taking looooooads of pictures. From sunbathing to volcanic steam BBQ's, and the Wimbledon match thrown in too, it was a great getaway. Instead of the general Facebook album, I thought I would share them with you on here! Don't forget to follow me!


Bye now England

Coming into land. Hello Lanzarote

 
Beach Time reading

  
Day 1 and the tan is there!

 
The BEST ice creams on the island

Me and the sister sharing a rare joke!
 
Day 2, and the picture doesn't do the mountains justice!


 Pool Day. Sunglasses on. And a glass of...
...Banana Liquor. This, mixed with lemonade, is the most refreshing drink to have. It's tasty, and a 70cl bottle is only 4 Euros!

 
Poolside Bevvy

Just catching a few rays, as you do.


Cooling the toes off!
 
The red top matched my skin. No pain no Gain!

 
Practicing my Ball skills.

 
Day 3, and a visit to Tamanfaya. A big jet of steam from the Volcanoes underneath made the crowd jump.

 
I felt a lttle unsafe stood on top of an active volcano. Oh well, anyone for some volcano chicken?

Tanning and the Murray match... Perfect :D

 
They hand to drag me from these steps to the airport. :(

Aloe Vera Cream
This is a saviour, and somehow I was able to take in my hand luggage!

Lanzarote was perfect for a few nights away from the hustle and bustle of London life. I chose a realllyyy early morning flight out from Gatwick, and a reaaallly late flight back so I could have a full four days out there. Flights are not expensive, and sites like Monarch, Easyjet and Thomas Cook can sort you out. Plus, I only took hand luggage which kept the cost down and got me through the airport quicker!

In the mean time, I am off to find another holiday and aftersun a bit more :)

Addios!

1 comment:

  1. hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up something new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical issues using this website,
    since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load properly.
    I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
    Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this
    RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of
    your respective interesting content. Make sure
    you update this again soon.

    ReplyDelete