Thursday

London Calling

I am still on the hunt for that new position within the advertising industry, and this week I was up in London to be interviewed for some positions.

After a bit of a train ride through the countryside, I found myself up in the big smoke checking my googlemap to make sure I was going the right way, whilst dodging the puddles in my boat shoes. First stop was a mug of green tea to calm the nerves at a little cafe called Apostrope, on Oxford Street.


Appearance is everything when you go to an interview, and the outfit you wear depends on the position you go for. I decided to go for a casual smart look with my outfit, as the world of advertising is not your typical suit and smart shoes- unless you have a client meeting or out on location!


I chose to wear a pale blue shirt from River Island, and stone coloured chinos from Topman. Block colours have been the fashion to-do over the last year, and office wear can definately reflect that. I don't normally wear ties, so instead I just do the top button up to help give the collar some structure. Its trendy, yet professional. Match them with a pair of boat shoes, roll up the chinos 2 or 3 times, and the interview outfit is made.


I arrived 10 minutes early, and my interview lasted for around 30 minutes. Like many this was stage one, and now it is a waiting game to see if I made it through to the second and final stage. I loved the agency, and the clients they have been working with are exactly who I would like to work with on a day to day basis. I don't want to jinx it by saying who their clients are etc, so in the mean time I have all my fingers and toes crossed.

After my interview, I headed across to see one of my close friends Rose, and her stunning new apartment (which can be seen on her blog - check out the Slutty Brownies post, heaven!). It was great to see a friendly face after the interview process to unwind, catch up, and have a long-needed gossip. Her apartment is beautiful, and after discussing the golden days of uni life, and the plans we have for when I move there, it was time to hug and leave for Wiltshire.

Hopefully, I will be returning to London next week for more interviews, and to hopefully have second interviews if I was successful. If you happen to know anyone who knows of positions within the industry in London, send them my way. I will do anything to get a new job... (within reason!)

1 comment:

  1. [...] a few more interviews, again wearing my same interview outfit as I blogged about last week! (see here for that) It is always a nice outfit to wear, and after a few hours of answering questions I found [...]

    ReplyDelete