Tuesday

My 24th Birthday. Day 1.

The best thing about birthdays is that you can make those 24 hours as big as you want, or as little as can be. Some people like to have a small, family affair with minimal fuss, whilst others like the have the big, glittery party with 100's of people around them.

For me this year, I sat somewhere in the middle. I wanted a bit of a hoo-ha with everyone around me, and then be able to run away and have the small family affair when I was feeling very fragile the next day. Luckily, living in London and having my family in the west country was the perfect excuse to make this a 3 day celebration.

I might aswell make the most of it whilst I can, this only happens once a year!

Of course, no birthday should be celebrated without the best friend coming down to celebrate it with you. Lian, who I mentioned earlier in the year, was found in a bar in SoHo on Friday evening, having a few cocktails in preparation for the first day of celebrations on Saturday.

Soho London

Nandos
Waking up with a slight hangover on the Saturday was probably not a great idea, but with a trip to our Portugese friend and a few red bulls, we were ready to get the party started with a few pre drinks at mine, alongside a group of friends...



London Night Out
Joe, Ryan, Myself and Gareth
London Night Out
A couple of friends, Dan and Charlie, came up from Southampton
London Night Out
Me and Sham.
London Night Out
Lee and Ian

London Night Out

London Night Out

London Night Out

I decided on a white shirt from River Island, and black skinny jeans from Topman. The blazer you see later is from Zara. Lian opted for a FCUK dress.

No birthday is complete without a birthday cake. The guys from Southampton brought a fresh chocolate cake, which in a room full of gay guys and a tiny girl, was placed back in the fridge until tomorrow.

Only kidding, I don't do waiting when it comes to cake.
London Night Out

Anddddd a bottle of bubbley too!

London Night Out

Once the pre drinking was over, we headed to Soho and straight to one of my favourite clubes, The Shadow Lounge. As a club, it is always a great night out, the staff are friendly, and you can usually spot a couple of celebrities in there.

I had a booth organised which for a birthday night out, on pay weekend, is a god send! If you are having a bicelebration, get in contact with the club as they will organise something special for you. They have all different types of packages, and the dress code is to dress to impress.

Some of the guys who came out definately impressed.

With buckets of champagne and wine, cupcakes and a waiter to save the queuing, the night was one of the best nights I have had in London...

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge
Again, any sort of cake should be kept away from me. These disappeared within seconds, only for more to appear on the table!

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

As the clock hit 12, everyone broke out in a good old Happy birthday sing song for the birthday boy.

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

The Shadow Lounge

From Brian Downling dancing on the multi coloured floor, to singing the You Been Framed theme tune to Lisa Riley in the smoking area, the night was amazingly messy. As the lights came up, we made our way out into the cold, wondering what to do next to keep the night going.

Some of the us ended up in a massage parlour, others jumped on rickshaws around London, and a few others headed for a chinese and more alcohol. I was past the point of remembering to take any pictures, so you just have to imagine 14 drunk people let loose on Soho after a alcohol fuelled night out.

It was like letting a group of small children lose in a sweet shop and saying to them, 'do what you want!'

Slowly and drunkenly we all made our way back south of the River Thames, retreating from the messy night we just created whilst the sun came up.

Oh how I was going to feel fragile the next morning....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Happy Birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Last night was a great celebration, and from about 6am onwards everyone made their way back to the now messy apartments. However, being on a workers body clock and excited that it was my birthday, I was wide awake at 8:30am and had to have everyone awake with me whilst I watched my favourite Disney film… [...]

    ReplyDelete