Wednesday

The Birthday Boy

Birthday: The annual anniversary of the day on which a person was born.

So this Friday I am turning 23. (I know, I look so much younger lol!) I have got my list of presents I would like, the cake is on order and the table is booked for a family meal in the evening. I have even treated myself by taking the day off work!

Every year my birthday falls on Freshers week which, as you can imagine, was amazing whilst I was at university. Of course, I am having a couple of nights out for it over this week and next, but I thought I would relive what was easily the best birthday so far, my 21st.

[caption id="attachment_192" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The girls were still drying when they arrived!"][/caption]

There is always that perception that your 21st birthday has to be something big. Something memorable. Something that when your sat down the pub a couple of years later you are still talking about it. Fortunately for me, my 21st was like that. It wasn't some lavish party in the middle of nowhere, where I arrive via helicopter and have sparkling champagne on tap (I wish!) but more of a get together of all my great friends and heading to the one club we knew we would enjoy. With the club holding a UV night, we decided to gather at my student house and play some games before we headed up for a night of VIP and dancing. All of my friends from home came down, and with a little spending money from the parents, I was able to treat them to a night they would be reminiscing about a couple of years later.

[caption id="attachment_188" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Some of the home crowd"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_190" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="One of the many pre-drinking games."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_193" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Enjoying a game of Shark"][/caption]


Rose and Zac got into the UV mood very well!

The night out was brilliant, with the club providing some free champagne for me and my friends. As I said, it was freshers week, loan had arrived and many more people joined in with the celebrations at the club. The following day was my actual birthday, so a typical 21st birthday hangover whilst having lunch with my parents was as enjoyable as it could be.

I was then lucky enough to be taken to London for 2 nights as a present. It was beautiful. We stayed in this gorgeous hotel just behind Oxford Street, and enjoyed a bit of sight seeing and dinners.

[caption id="attachment_198" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Taken up the London Eye..."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_199" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Excuse the hair, this was a windy day!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_200" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="A fair bit of luggage for the journey home..."][/caption]

This was a birthday that I will not forget in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment